Sunday, March 15, 2009

Shopping in Oberhausen @ CentrO

@ livingroom couch
˜ The Dresden Files, season one, episode 7
8 there is sun and wind as well

While watching episode 7 "Walls" of the Dresden Files, I just ate some bread with chicken bouillion and now I am having a glass of juice.

Yesterday we went to Germany, Oberhausen, for some shopping at CentrO. First Joyce and I went to Nijmegen for the usual grocery shopping. We brought Chance and her bench to my parents as well. So that she could stay with my dad when we took my mum along to Oberhausen. We were all ready with the groceries around ten and then we went back to Cuijk. George wanted to take the Honda, so while he was busy getting the car ready, Joyce packed away the groceries.

Around eleven we headed for CentrO. I only had to go there because my Fossil watch was broken and since I bought it there, I wanted the repairs being done from there as well. They told me that it could be done from a Fossil store in the Netherlands as well. But they only charged 5 euros for shipping so I let them send it on to the repair shop. Anywhooo, we were still on our way in my story, so let's not rush towards being there already.

Since in Germany, on the highway (when not signed otherwise) you may drive as fast as you can and the circumstances allow you, George decided to take the car for a short spin. He drove like 160 or 170 km/h for a while. But not the whole trip, that wouldn't be too good for the car (or the gas hihi). Halfway there, my bladder started to tell me it needed to be emptied. I was thirsty as well so that was not too much fun. And I did go to the toilet before we left. So not fair...

It was a real beautiful day! Finally some sun, we hadn't seen it in ages... Today there's some sun as well but not as much as yesterday. And there's more wind... It will be summer soon, whoohoo!

Ah well, when we arrived at the parking lot, Joyce and I immediately headed for the toilets and we'd meet up with mum and George afterwards. Ow what a relief...

Then we went to the "Re:" store, it's a store that sells all Apple stuff. George needed a new sensor for his iPod Nike running shoes. So he got it and we went on. I wanted to check for some new sporting shoes. I do have some decent ones still, but the soles are slowly getting thinner. So I need new, comfortable and good shoes for the fysio and fitness (yay, I may slowly start it up soon again!). I amost always wear Nike. Mostly the Air shoes. I saw a really cool pair but they only came sizes 41 and up... (I believe size 40 is like size 9 in the US). And then I saw another pair, but they were more expensive. To be honest, I did not even have enough money for the first pair... But my mum then offered to buy them for me. So sweet of her! As I wrote before, we also visited the Fossil store for me. And Joyce bought new inline skates (hoping we can soon use them together!). She also bought some stuff at the Jägermeister store. And a fake leather jacket I found for her, some trousers and a tshirt. She also bought a shirt for me, a very cool one from Puma. Mum bought some stuff for dad at the Märklin store.

Around 3:15pm we went for a snack at the food market. George and mum held a table. Joyce first had to rob an ATM and then we went to the McDo for some small meals. We were planning to dine at the Irish pub (last time we really loved it there and they have yum yum Kilkenny's beer!) so we did not eat too much. Then we checked out some more stores and before heading to dinner, we put mum on a bench and we went to the car to leave our stuff there and get the jackets out.

We found a nice table at the pub. We ordered some drinks and checked out what dinner to order. The food was delicious, as was my Kilkenny beer!

After dinner we went to an Italian icecream parlor and sat down for our desert. That also tasted really wonderful! On our way back to the car, Joyce and I wanted to stop to shop at the bookstore before leaving. So mum and George headed to the car and we shopped a bit. It was really busy there so it took us a while to get what we wanted.

After that, we went back to the car and headed for Nijmegen. It was a really nice day and I enjoyed it.

Since my parents have a busy day today, and they would be out for a long time, we offered to take Brutus along. So when they are home again, mum will take Chance's bench back when she comes to pic Brutus up. Seeing the bench could never fit in the Honda last night.

So now I'm watching the 8th episode of the Dresden Files and I just made another nice picture (well, cell phone nice) of the dogs sleeping together. I will upload this post and then upload the nice picture as well.

Thanks for tuning in. This was Cynni's World. Have a nice day!

TTFN Cynni xxx

No comments: