Monday, March 09, 2009

Game Weekend was fun, part 1.

Hello everyone!

Here I am again after a fun and busy weekend. I am now uploading some of this weekends pictures to my photobucket and I will check and edit some of the vids as well for you to enjoy later on this blog. I am doing my best to give you all as soon as possible a glance at how my weekend went. But uploading and editing takes some time, unfortunately, so it'll probably keep me busy for a few more minutes to hours (not going for days though!).

Around 20:45 on Friday, Kim and Steph arrived. Since Steph couldn't join us February 20th to go to Ramona's birthday party on the 21st (due to Chance's heat!), she arranged that her parents would take care for an extra day of Spokie & Pluis (her two cats). They did not mind and she arranged everything with Kim to surprise us by telling us there were to be expected between 20:30 and 21:00 on Friday evening. That way they could practice some more with the games and help out with the grocery shopping on Saturday. Joyce and I had seen some interesting Buzz! updates for the PS3, which we decided to buy and download on Friday evening while playing Wii Mario Kart. We went to bed around midnight, knowing we'd had to head for Nijmegen around 8am.

Photobucket

So on Saturday morning, we stuffed ourselves into the H200 bus and headed for Nijmegen. I had to get some diesel in the tank first when we came into Nijmegen (it's cheaper there than here in Cuijk), otherwise the girls would have to push the bus back to Cuijk. And seeing they were our guests, I could not let that happen. So I filled the tank for exactly € 25 (lucky! I normally end up with getting € 25,02 when I try to hit the 25 on spot), Joyce paid with my card and we were on our way to my parents' place. My dad was still in bed when we arrived. So everyone got to meet with Brutus, then mum got her bags, we all moved back into the bus and headed for the Super de Boer (also where I work). My boss looked very surprised when he saw my mum coming in accompanied by 4 others, instead of just Joyce and me. At the Super we bought our bread (the ones we needed were 50% off that week, so *yay* for us) and we got the cans of coup we needed there as well. When mum got her things together, we went to the cash register, paid and went to the second store: AH. There Joyce and I got everything for the pasta dinner of Sunday, some chips and drinks, milk and juice and then we were almost set for the weekend. After we finished our business at the AH, we went to the last supermarket: Lidl. There we got most of the meats for on bread and some salads and that was it! Grocery shopping 101 was a success and we passed! Then we brought my mum and her bags home. When we were on our way to the highway to Cuijk, Joyce came with the idea to go to the shopping mall in the Dukenburg. Everyone agreed and I made the bus to there *winks*. We shopped in some music and game stores, then went to the ATM for some €uro's and then to Bakkerij Bart (a bakery store) for something to eat. Kim's belly was going insane so we thought it best if she were to be fed asap *smile*. And the rest of us enjoyed a snack as well. In the end I had a PS3 game and a Wii game (both on sale) and some DVDs. Joyce had a PS3 game and some DVDs and Kim bought all 3 of the Shrek DVDs. Then we finally were on our way back to Cuijk!

Ramona had informed us that she'd be arriving around 2pm and Yvonne said to be there around 1pm. So when all the groceries were stored, we got ready for lunch. And then of course: games!

Photobucket Photobucket
PS3 game Buzz!

Photobucket
Some questions were quite difficult *winks*


When the others started playing Buzz! I was setting the table ready for the drinks and other yummy stuff.

Photobucket


As agreed, everyone brought along something to eat, snack or drink. That way, everyone made a contribution to the weekend and it was affordable for us to host it.

Here are some Buzz! action pictures for you to enjoy!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Chance also enjoyed the sun and the company we were having.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

I made a compilation of the PS3 SingStar video's I had and here it is! Enjoy!



Photobucket Photobucket
Dinner and the table getting ready

Photobucket Photobucket
The last songs before dinner


Around 5pm, the soup was getting ready and the baguette's were being baked. At that time the PS3 SingStar was being shut down and we all watched a movie I bought earlier that day: The Addams Family Values.

When the movie was finished, so were the baguette's and the soup. All the girls then went for a walk with Chance. We decided to take a longer walk (about 5km) to St. Agata and back over the dike. It was not too cold that evening and I do believe everybody enjoyed it. It was good for me to walk and it was also nice to being on the couch all day. After ten minutes I did get a bit mad at Chance, since she tried to tackle me several times and I warned her and she kept going on. So I got mad and then she was a very nice doggy again..

After we all got back, some of us slipped into more comfortable clothes, like house suits and PJ's.

I will post more about last weekend very soon again. I have to get downstairs and start preparations for dinner soon, so I'll leave the blog and be back as soon as I can. I surely want you all to enjoy the pictures and vids that are still to come!

TTFN, xxx Cynni

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie!

Looks great hihi..and I saw you put my little dancing behind the stars on it aswell hihi

We sure had a good time :)

Ohh and when you look at that one picture (when still small as on the blog) of George and me..it almost looks like he has devil horns at the side of his head hihi okay when you look at the picture when you click on it and it turns big..you can see it is the wooden board where the phone is on..but still when you look at it small :P

Great blog dear :)

©ynni said...

Hey Steph!

I have to laugh SO HARD every time I see you do that dancing!!! So wicked!!! So funny!!! :)

And I love your comment on the picture, hihi... Silly you...

Ginnean said...

hahaha i thought the same about George and the horns lol

left a comment on photobucket saying the same thing before seeing stephs comment.

LOVED the video. LMAO!!!!!

great dancing steph and loved you giving it a little attitude at the end Cynni, i have a feeling you were about to really let loose in full diva mode just as the video stopped lol

i cant wait to see more! so i'm straight of to read part 2 :)