Friday, March 06, 2009

Almost ready for the gaming friends

Hello everyone,

here I am again to inform you all that almost everything is ready for our 4 friends and the gaming weekend. We just need to do some grocery shopping tomorrow morning and then early in the afternoon our friends will start to arrive at our place.

OK, I've thought some more about Gin's comment on my "Friends will be friends" blog and I guess I have some more things on my mind (may be just random though, I never know really what I'll write and when I'm started I just go with the flow)...

I have been hurt by the way people treated me in the past and it took me a long time before I had some more self confidence. I knew that when I got messed around with, it was not my fault. Other kids did not like me for who I was, what I thought and how I reacted. They some times also beat the hell out of me, just for fun. When it was one on one, I usually ended up winning so then the one who got beaten up later on took revenge by coming back with his or her homies to hold me down... So if I let myself get beaten, it was not good enough and they'd surely do it again. And if I fought back, they sought out some companions and came back even stronger. As I wrote, I usually had one or two close friends and that was it. When I got to the 4th grade of the HAVO, I started to gain more self confidence and friends. Though the year after that was a tough one again... My grandmother died in the vacation prior to the start of that year. And halfway throughout it I learned about my hiptroubles and my first (upcoming) surgery. And it was the final year, so I had exams and all and I even had to study on my birthday, because the day after, my exams would start. Then the year ended, I passed the exams and went from surgery to my next education. There, I was a loner again and the next year, I started another education, which I also quit. I wasn;t really a big outsider there, but in my second and final year, George lost his mum (13 months after he lost his dad) and I decided I should get more hours in the job I had besides school so I could move in with him and support him in every way.

Ah well, drifting aside from what I had in mind originally. But then, I did mention I never really know where I'm heading when starting a new blog and letting my mind go wild.

Throughout the years, ever since June 1994, I have had a dear close friend. OK, our friendship did gain some bruises but they always recovered well. That dear friend is Eva:

Photobucket Photobucket
Eva and me, in The Efteling, May 2005

And ever since august 2005, when I started my own board (which died twice so far, but I keep rebuilding it, with the help of my friends!) Once more, with feeling & friends and I got memberships on other boards, I started to gain more friends. First only online, but I can happily say that I met some of the members (and some quite often) and consider them my dear friends! We got to know each other because of some mutual interests and we gained very powerful and strong friendships because of that! THANKS EVERYONE!

Ah well, I guess I'll leave it at this now. Gonna get into my PJ's and get mentally prepared for tomorrow *winks*

TTFN (ta-ta for now) my dear friends!
Luv ya!
Cyn xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Cynni, for opening up in your blog to talk about your journey through very tough times and the wonderful friendships you have now. Even though I'm an ocean and continent away, I'm happy and proud to count myself among your loving friends. Knowing you gives me a lot of happiness and I'm sure so many others can say the same. :)

*huuuuug*

©ynni said...

And thank you Steve, for being my friend. You were there for me when I needed you and I will do my best so that you can always count on me to be there for you!!!

*huggies*