Tuesday, May 05, 2009

FedCon 18 - finally with some pictures!



Hello everyone!

Here I am, again, and this time I can finally include some pictures of FedCon 18 (other than the ones I had shared on the first evening). I will try to post some pictures of all that I have written about in my previous posts till I am at the point where I stopped posting. So for now, it'll be pictures starting Saturday morning till we were/are in the line for the photoshoot with Nichelle Nicols.

I will try to add some info with every picture I post. Hope you will enjoy it all! And to all readers who have been to FedCon 18 and like to share (HQ) pictures: just leave me a comment! I only had a "simple" Sony photocamera with me, I forgot to bring my SLR one (STUPID ME!!!). So my images may be a bit blurry at times, though I am always willing to share them with other FedCon 18 people *winks*

First: where our hotel was and where the con was being held:
Photobucket

*note: click on any of the pictures for an enlargement; you enter the complete uploaded FedCon 18 folder then as well*

Photobucket Photobucket
These pictures are made in Friday afternoon, at the U-bahn station and in
the U-bahn wagon when we were on our way back to FedCon 18.

*note: Q is just short for Queue or Schlange; and as a Trekkie it can mean even more *winks* *
OK, as I wrote before, we started in the first Q of the day: at the entrance. The first 3 Q's were for the photoshoots with Max, Nana and Robert. Since I could not post any picture of the two photoshoots we did on Friday, I will share them all with you now.


Photobucket
Jeffrey Combs: Vorta Weyoun & Ferengi Investigator Brunt *DS9*

Photobucket
Marc Alaimo: Gul Dukat *DS9*

Cynthia, Max Grodénchik & Joyce
Max Grodénchik: Ferengi Rom, father of Nog & brother of Quark *DS9*

Photobucket
Nana Visitor: Major Kira Nerys *DS9*

Joyce, Robert Picardo & Cynthia
Robert Picardo: holographic doctor on Voyager and later Richard Woosley in StarGate


And as I mentioned, we did get our hands on some autographs already: John & Bonita, Max, Robert, Jonathan, Mark & Richard. Here are some scans of their signatures.

Star Trek Enterprise
The first ones: the sweet & funny couple

Star Gate Atlantis
Robert Picardo

Rom - Star Trek DS9
One of the two signatures of Max
The other one is on my DS9 bag

Photobucket
Richard Hatch

Photobucket
Jonathan Woodward & Mark Sheppard on the back of the cover.
On Sunday Summer Glau signed the front of the cover as well.


So these were the signatures of Friday and the photoshoot pictures of Friday and the Saturday morning already. As I already wrote, after the 3 photo Q's of the Trekkies, we did not Q for Christopher Judge. Instead we were informing about the signing session by Nichelle Nicols. After her STUNNING performance during the opening ceremony, we just HAD to meet her in person. But the info desk was not too much on the info and the lady asked us to come back in an hour to check about it again. We used that hour to Q for the Battlestar Galactica people: Edward (or Eddy), James and Michael. We were allowed to take pictures of all but James while they were signing our picture. And of course, each and every actor/actress got a stroopwafel from us. So far, all were VERY happy and pleased about the delicious treat. Click HERE for some Dutch info about stroopwafels. And HERE for the English page about them.
So now I'll share some pictures and signatures of the Battlestar Galactica stars!

Battlestar Galactica
Signed by Eddy, James & Michael

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket
A funny picture of Michael Hogan,
taken using the mirrors on the ceiling above him

Photobucket
James signing for the person after us
so we got a picture of him after all!


After that, we went back in search for the Nichelle Nicols autograph session. After being send up and down and back again, we stayed in the shop-line, as I mentioned before, But it did pay off, for us, luckily!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Nichelle and Joyce, ready to give her the stroopwafel


Photobucket TOS: Uhura
Nicelle and her table seen from the stairs, stroopwafel next to her.
And the result of our waiting... The signed picture!

I do believe I am almost at the point where I left you in writing. Just the picture of Nana with me and some Q pictures and then I will publish this post and head to bed. It'll be a LONG day tomorrow (Per Gessle, here we come... after working from 7:30 till 13).

Photobucket
Nana Visitor and me, but she's looking the other way.
But as mentioned before: that got "mended" on Sunday :)

Photobucket Photobucket

Cynthia, Nichelle Nicols, Joyce
Our first picture with Nichelle...
...and when she found out we had another picture with her...
...we had to bend our knees and WHAT A LOVELY RESULT!!!
Photobucket


That's it for now folks, it's 22:30 and I have to get up at 6:25am tomorrow again! BUT I will be back with more pictures and info for sure!!!

TTFN, Cynni xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hee Cynthia,

Thanks for the great time!

Love and xxx,
Imanuel