Tuesday, June 02, 2009

On our way home

We're on our way back home again! With tired feet, sweaty bodyparts and two good days to look back at. We just filled the gas tank again and now are really on our way back. We're expected to be home around 17:30 and 18:00. So I informed Joyce, who will inform George, and they will pick me up together. They'll also bring Chance so that she can play with Jumper again.

Last night I "left" you, just after we entered the Disney Resort park. We directly headed for Space Mountain. Waiting line was aprox. 60 minutes. Well, the weather was nice, warm, sunny and lovely, so we took our chances and went in line. Boy was that a freaking hot line for sure! At times there was some wind, which made it a bit more pleasant. But once we came to the line inside, we were wishing we were outside again! The smell of many warm, hot and sweaty people was not too pleasant. Of course we weren't fresh as daisies ourselves but still, it was the smell of others that mattered. And there were two lovely gentlemen who loved to rub up against us or stand on my heels and then smile and say sorry. Were irritating. And one of them made sure that Eva frequently got showered (how she longed for a real one with shampoo!). When we were almost there (for the ones who know the line: we were in the last hall before the stairs that go down and lead you to the platform) when there was a technical problem. Lucky for us, some people in front of us left which made it possible for us to get a bit closer to the upper platform so we could get some fresh air. After about 25 minutes, they send out test trains again, and put all the carts on the track. When they were satisfied, everyone applauded and the line went moving in a rather rapid speed again. I never had been in "Mission 2" so it was nice to experience the change of the tracks.

After that, we went to the Buzz Lightyear restaurant where I bought some pizza's and drinks. We really needed that! And I must admit, it did taste well!

Due to the technical problems, we needed more time than "planned" and it was around 14:30 after the lunch and we decided to get the key to our room. We took the bus to our hotel, seeing Eva did not want to walk...
It was not too busy at the desk and we got out keycard quickly. I wanted to walk towards the room, Eva wanted to take the car and park near the room. So we got into a cooking car, drove around and found all the parking spots near our builing full. We were lucky that our old spot was still vacant when we came back of driving around the hotel buildings. I could not stop laughing and Eva threw me a nasty look. Then we did grab our bags and walked to our room. When we found it, it was pretty warm. We tried all the switches we could find till we found the one for the ventilator. Which did help a bit. I washed my feet, which were sore from bumping them and the guy behind me at Space Mountain. And they were a bit black on the bottom. I decided to swich from my Keen Sandals to my Columbia walking shoes, seeing my left ankle started to swell (due to fluid) and my right ankle started to hurt as well. Even though my sandals were less warm, I did swich to my walking shoes. And in the end, I guess it was a smart move. When we changed clothes and shoes and felt a bit more fresh and fruity, we went back to the Disney park. By foot, that is.

Back into the park, we headed for the "Big thunder mountain". When we went into the line, there was a girl who gave us two fastpasses, still valid for 4 minutes. So we ran back out of the normal line (with a 50 minute waiting time) and ran to the fastpass line. That was definitely a much shorter line and after 10 minutes we were getting into the train. Eva filmed the ride with my camera and the lady in front of us enjoyed it a whole lot (I believe the video will show as much)... After that we were going to the "Indiana Jones" roller coaster. Eva had never been in it, so that promised to be a lot of fun. But first, we filled our empty bottles at a water hole and we saw some geez with kiddos. I made a picture and then we were on our way again. The waiting line was really huge! We had to wait for a bit more than 5 minutes to get in! I made some more pictures and Eva was worried about some dark clouds that were coming our way. But lucky for us, they passed and Eva wanted to ride the Indiana Jones line again! So there we went, again, into the Indiana Jones. After that, we headed to the "Pirates of the Caribean". Eva's favorite. I tried to make some pictures and hopefully, some did work out. Seeing it was a bit too far away to be able to use an effective flash on your camera. After this boat ride we went to the "Star Tour", seeing Eva wanted to go in it. I did like it but not that much. But no worries, it would be over soon, haha! Then we saw that it was definitely NOT busy at Space Mountain. We sneaked through it, as did the two people in front us with the same idea, and we were inside soon again. This time, they rode with less carts but still only 5 minutes waiting time. And this time, they sped it up a notch. WOW this was good stuff!

It was 8:45 pm. The park would close at 9 pm. So we visited a toilet and went to the McDonalds, outside of the park. There we ate our dinner before we headed back to our hotelroom.

When we arrived, we were sweaty, beaten up and totally tired. Eva hit the shower first, and that's when I started typing my first Disney blog. Then I took a shower, which felt delightful and soooo good! Due to previous sun burns, my skin starts to peel of (just the upper layer) and that itches! After my shower, Eva rubbed some lotion on my back which made the itching go away! *yay*. Then she went to sleep and I finished my blog before going to sleep as well.

And now I will send this update, leaving you with the promise of all the Tuesday info and of course pictures and videos soon as well!

TTFN Cynni xxx

3 comments:

Ginnean said...

sounds like you had a really great weekend, i'm glad :D

Ronnie_ASA said...

Yep, sounds like it really was a packed few days. Glad you enjoyed it :)

Swanny said...

CUUUURIOUS now...wanna see some piccas!