Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Just a quick one

Sorry, since I am posting this with my cellphone, I can't add a music video, so no "musical attachment" or title this time.

I did pack the biggest part of my suitcase. It's 18 kilo's now, am allowed 23. So I can even still use the small bits of spaces that are left, if needed. We did already pack a bag with old shirts and some pants, some pencils and paper stuff. Seeing many people in the DR lost all they had during the hurricane season last year, Wimpy (a Dutch touroperator on DR) asked if we could bring some old tshirts for the local population. And seeing we'll be doing a tour with him during which we'll visit a local school, he asked us to bring some pencils and all. Seeing we are all allowed two pieces of luggage, weighing 23 kilo's each (I've never been allowed to bring THAT much on a plain!), we'll take an extra suitcase with those clothes and all. I am thinking on buying some more pencils on Friday, seeing I have the day off then and we've only spend about 5 euro's so far... I guess if we're taking a trip like this, we could spend at least 5 euro's each to help out a poor children's school. So when we take Chance to my parents on Friday and visit the GWK (to get some dollars), I will drag Joyce along one more time to buy some stuff for the school!

My tummy's still not feeling OK and I've been typing this whole message while on the toilet (yeah you've always wanted to know that haha!), my legs start falling asleep and I should send this post and get off...

So just another small update. Will go to bed, watch some DVD and then hopefully (finally) sleep well for a change...

TTFN
Cynni xxx

4 comments:

Ginnean said...

i think it is great you are taking some things for the children... plus when you have given it all away you will then have a nice space in your suitcase for all the things you end up buying on your holiday (if your anything like me you'll come back with way more than you left with lol)

once again, hope you all have a great time

Ginnean said...

PS gonna pretend you didnt tell us about the toilet... too much information lol

Unknown said...

Hey sweety,

I don't mind going to the shop with you after the GWK and dropping Chance. No problem.

Love you

Joyce

Steph said...

It's good to hear you have packed your suitcase for your holiday..well most part of it though. Wow...you can take two pieces weighing 23 kilo's each? That certainly changed since I have been on holidays for the last time. Well of course when you travel outside of Europe you can always bring more...but that much gosh :)

That is really great that you are bringing old t-shirts and pencils and all for the local population. Those Islands like the DR always have troubles with hurricane seasons. I know back in 2000 when we went to the DR (another part as where you are going though) they still suffered from the big hurricane in 1997. It is hard to think about the fact that everytime something like that happens and the local population is finally getting back on his feet..another hurricane comes along and destroys everything again :(
So that is really great what you guys are doing :)
Well I hope you and Joyce succeed on your little shopping trip on friday.

Sorry to hear about your tummy. I hope it is going better already.

Steph xxx