Monday, June 01, 2009

First Disney impressions

Sitting on my bed, dear tired, icky from sweat and ankles with elephant sizes... I am ready to tell you a bit about our first day at Disneyland Resort, Paris (France).

Last night, Eva and I went to bed around 22:45. We had trouble falling asleep due to several reasons. The main reason was the lovely hubby watching telly with surround sound. At one point I thought people were cheering for me...but it was for Bruce Springsteen, live on TV at Pinkpop... It was very warm in the Pirate room, not something I am used to anymore... That's what you get when you are spoiled with aiconditioning in your main bedroom. Then I heard a lovely musquito, aiming for me, landing on me and trying to suck all the blood out of me. He kept buzzing around me, making it:
A) impossible to sleep due to the buzing sound
B) impossible to sleep on the cover due to being stung over and over by that small freaking animal
C) impossible for me to kill him due to the fact that the walls were just redone...in white! So red stains would be noticed.

In the end I slept badly. Around 2 I needed my usual toilet brake. I went down, only to be scared by a scared Jumper who did not expect me. So she started to bark. And they did not warn me for the rack that closed off the stairs to the livingroom. So I had to calm the dog while climbing in the dark and really needed to pee. And then, when I came back, Jumper felt the need to bark yet again! Silly spotted dog!

And back to a bedroom where I lay more awake than sleeping. And when the alarm clock went off in the other room, I was already awake and getting ready... Such a shame... But ready for Disney I was.

When Eva and I were downstairs, I heard the alarm go off again. I asked if hubby was supposed to wake as well... Nope but he did so anyway. I went up to get all my stuff ready when he came by, zombie like, wishing me a good morning. Yeah it was a good one for me, even with my lack of sleep. Hihi...

Around 4:45 the gas tank was full and we were on our way. We did not see any RoPaRunners, just their cars coming our direction. Which was a good thing seing we could easily drive on. The highways were scary because we'd never seen them so empty! We made a toiletbrake just after entering France and then: Tower of Terror here we come!

We arrived around 8:30, found a parking spot and registered. Well, Eva queued for it and I headed for a toilet again. When I came back she was just checking in so I was in time. When we got our tickets we headed, by foot, to the park. We were still a bit too early for the Studio park, where the tower is located. So we entered the first bit through the main gate and then queued for the Studio park. When they opened and we finally reached the tower, the queue was not too bad. I decided to get us a Rock 'n Roller coaster ride, with Aerosmith, fastpass. When I came back, they had opened the first gate already! Where was Eva? So I sneaked through the line till I found her again. The tower is SO wicked and cool! Really well done and thumbs up! After the tower we headed for the Rock 'n Roller coaster, where is was just 10 minutes waiting time. So we decided to go in, and go in again when our fastpass was valid. The ride was loud and cool. After that we tried to grab some food, which was harder than we thought it would be. So we ended up eating an ice cream instead. And me spilling some on my trousers (lucky they could be zipped off haha!) and bumping my ankle against the concrete we were sitting on.

When the ice creams were finished, it was almost fastpass time. That meant: going again! *yay*. When we came out, we decided to check the tower line... 90 minutes... And all the fastpasses were gone! Wow! We headed for the exit, and then I spotted a photoshoot with Scully from Monsters Inc. We went in line, got our photo's taken after a while and we also made some picca's as well, seeing we wanted free pictures... Then we hit some shops, while we were heading over to the other side of the park.

When we arrived at the gates there, many people were in a line, waiting to get in. We spotted an empty entry gate and were in quickly. WOW it was freaking busy here as well!

I would love to tell you all about my day. But seeing it is 10:45 pm now, I've been up and running since 4 am, I did not sleep much and have to get up at 7 am again.. I will try to catch some ZZZ's. Eva is already passed out, but I wanted to share some of my experiences with you before laying down. I hope you liked it so far. I do have some pictures, which I will add to my Photobucket™ asap! And into my next blog entries I guess as well *winks*.

TTFN (Ta-ta for now, as Tigger always says),
Cynni xxx

2 comments:

Muts said...

Hey sweety,

Read this post yesterday evening but my phone did allow me to post a comment. Regarding to Geo because it doesn't have an IP.

I am happy to read you are enjoying your time at Disney. Please take another ride in the Tower of Terror so I don't have to go next time we are there.

Love you

Joyce

Ginnean said...

glad to hear you had a good time even though you didnt have much sleep. looking forward to hearing more