Wednesday, March 22, 2006

*I wished that I could stay*

I saw you and you smiled at me
I knew that you were special
different from the other ones
someone to keep an eye on

I found you when I needed you
I gave you my hands
when you needed strength
and together we made it

You were so much better than me
in oh so many ways
but you took me in your life so easily
I always wanted that to stay

You showed me I was wonderful
though I never believed
but then you showed up at my door
and I blew out your candle

From that day my life changed
in oh so many ways
I became more confident
things would never be the same

My family never believed
in my needs or wants
but then you all came up for me
and I found my new family

It was hard seeing you cry
not sure of what to do
I just took you in my arms
and showed my love for you

We had our moments
our laughs and cries
and then you started to change on me
you started to lie

It hurt me where it hurts the most
and I wished that I could stay
if I didn't love you so damn much
I knew just what to say

And after a while of being apart
you changed again, was it for me?
I still loved you in my heart
and so wanted it to be

I came to you that night
I made it some way and some how
and told you it was a long progress
but can you just be kissing me now?

We stayed in bed
what seemed like forever
when did morning come
just after the moon went down

Then I saw those bloodstains
your shirt was blue with red
I fell down on the floor
and died in your arms

I wished that I could stay
never wanted to see you cry
I was yours forever
please remember me this way

Poem is based on the characters Tara and Willow from the serie "Buffy the Vampire Slayer".
This is how it went with Tara, seen through her eyes.

Tara Maclay (Amber Benson)
scene from "The Body" (season 5, episode 16)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Cynthia that is great! You made connection with lines in show and your song. I like it very much. O, and thank you for writhing that.

Angie

©ynni said...

Thank you Angie for your comment. Though it is not a song, it is a poem. But I am glad you like it!