Monday, July 13, 2009

How things are going & more vacation update

Hello everyone, here is yet another update of our vacation time at Punta Cana, Dominic Republic. Last time I wrote here, I left you after our third day, the Monday. So now I’ll continue, starting Tuesday the 16th of June. That seems quite logical, doesn’t it?

*note to readers: I started this blog on Sunday July 12th and am finishing and posting it on Monday July 13th*

While I am typing, Joyce is playing my new PS3 game “Overlord II”. Here is the official site.

overlordII
I played it for a while last night and it’s really a good and funny game. I bought it last Thursday at the Media Markt in Arnhem. They had special offers on videogames and accessories. Buy 2 and get the second (cheapest) for half price. Well, that sounded good for us. Seeing we have a PS3, a PS2 (I bought it second hand and am quite happy with it), PSP, Wii and since the same Thursday, we also have a DS lite. We got it for George’s birthday already, seeing he kept complaining about the bad screen of the GameBoy Advance. So we saw the DS lite, and it could play advance games as well. We bought it and ever since he’s been busy playing. Yesterday he bought himself a R4 chip and I’ve been busy getting some games on it for him to play. That should keep him quite busy… Unfortunately, that’ll also mean that stuff he intended to do may get done a bit later due to the distraction of his DS.

But, back to the vacation on-line diary I am writing here to share with you all.

Tuesday, June 16th 2009

Photobucket

This was yet another easy, relaxed day for us. We got up early and George went to the gym. Joyce and I took our books and sat in front of our room while reading. While we were reading, the phone went. It was Wimpy, informing us that the next day, we would be going on our “Caribbean Tour”. We would have to get up quite early, seeing we’d be picked up around 6:20…
When George came back he took a shower and then we grabbed our swimming pool bags and headed for breakfast. It was a bit busier, due to us being a bit later, and we had to wait a short while before we were seated.
After breakfast we went to the big pool, grabbed 3 chairs and went into the water. The bartender was the same as on Monday and he recognized us immediately. We threw around with the ball, the bartender even played along as it was not busy at his bar…yet.

Photobucket

George played with the GameBoy, Joyce and I read and around midday, we went to “Pikolo” for a slice of pizza and some fries. George had a big breakfast so he skipped this “lunch”.

Photobucket


After a while, we decided to get back to the Jacuzzi’s. We went through the bigger bar and then past the second pool. I had made some pictures earlier that morning, so I am using them to give you an idea. And if you have already seen the pictures, you now know what you were looking at before *winks*.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Walking through the bar, coming out at the second pool
Photobucket Photobucket

And when we arrived at the Jacuzzi’s, we read some and relaxed in the shade.

Photobucket Photobucket

After a while we went back to the room. The sun was kinda failing a bit and we wanted to take a shower, and George was taking a nap and playing with the PSP. While he was playing/napping, Joyce was working on our written diary, the one we now use to write these online ones…

Photobucket
Joyce busy writing

Photobucket
Grey clouds

When we dressed for dinner, around 18:00, we went to Pikalo. There we enjoyed a drink while we watched the clouds grow grey and darker. So when the Kolibri diner opened, we rushed in before the rain might start to fall down on us.

Photobucket

Seeing I don’t like a whole lot of different kinds of food (though I am trying some new things when I feel like it), I was really happy there was a pasta chef at the lunch and dinner times! He was always happy to see me as well and when I asked for a picture, I could even join him behind his stove!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Enjoying our meal and with one of our regular waiters

Joyce tried some sort of small crab thingie this evening, which looked rather wicked and (to me) uneatable. But it did give me some nice picture moments *winks*.

Photobucket Photobucket

Since my shoulders caught a bit too much of the sun, we brought some cub cumber along after dinner to cover it up for a while. Of course, there was a picture taken... And another one...

Photobucket Photobucket

That was our Tuesday! More coming up soon!
Am getting to bed now, need to get up early again tomorrow to work from 8 till 17.

TTFN xxx Cyn

4 comments:

Muts said...

I really LOVE overlord II. It's an amazing game I really enjoy playing.

The crabby thingies were not that yummy but they tasted okay. It was fun trying one which is not in a salad haha. The bigger ones tasted better but I am not telling much about what I mean because you will tell them later one and THEN I will reply on that again.

Love you
xxx

Joyce

Steve said...

Wow! Thank you for the photos, Cynni. These really show what a fantastic place you visited and how much you were relaxing and enjoying yourselves. (Well, maybe the sunburn part wasn't that enjoyable, but everything else!)

Anonymous said...

*sigh* the more I read the more I want a holiday, somewhere nice and warm!

Ginnean said...

yep, it is indeed good to know now what i was looking at before :D