Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Feelings on judgment by appearance

Hello everyone,

This post is an update, or a part two if you like, about what I wrote
to you about before. The judgment of people on their looks and if it
matters into going into conversation with them (or being even more
interested)...

I've received powerful and worthy comments of two dear friends. And I
guess some points were very well taken, but I do want to be sure that
everyone understands I am not judging anyone through these posts. It's
merely a view into my toughs and wonders when I am trying to figure
out what my thoughts are trying to tell me... It is about what my view
on things is and not that I am looking down on people or anything like
that! Not that my dear friends made any comments to that sort, but I
just want to be sure that no one could feel offended by what I think
or like or write in my posts...

OK now that's out of my system, let's go on with what I've been
thinking about after I wrote that previous post.

Both Gin and Steph, the two dear friends, never wear make-up and
neither do I. It's not that I am not interested when someone does not
wear make-up...it's about the way they apply it when they do use it.
It can really make someone pretty if applied well, but when it's like
"overdone" it can be quite a turndown as well. I guess being bi-sexual
also makes a small difference... I do look at both the male and the
female people in the same way, sexually that is. Not that I am looking
for new love!!! But it's easier for me to find either male or female
attractive. When you are a heterosexual person you are attracted to
just the opposite sex. You will see the same sex people in another way
than you'll see the other sex. I hope I make myself clear here. But I
guess when a heterosexual girlfriend of mine and me go out together, I
am more likely to check both sexes out and she will be more likely to
check out just the male population then.

I guess this is not an easy topic. But if it were easy I guess there
would not be so many doubts inside my head. It would be easy to work
out and move on. And of course we're all different. That is what makes
us interesting. That's what also can make it difficult at times. But
while we live we can learn from each other and get to understand what
makes the world go round.

It's not that I won't even bother to communicate with people that
don't suit my "judgment". But sometimes I do lay back when it just
doesn't feel right. And it also differs through the circumstances that
I'm in. For example: when I go to a convention it's a lot easier to
get into a conversation with people because I know there must be
something that connects us. Why else would they attend the same
convention? Ad when I am at an amusement park, it's also easier
because there's also a common interest there. And when I am at work
it's also easy because I know most of the common customers and after a
while you get to know people. But when someone just puts him or
herself on the world in a way that does not make me feel comfortable,
I'll still lay back...

And about the clothing: of course you should wear what's most
comfortable! But when I see a man in a whole neat suit with Adidas
sneakers underneath... That's not really cool. Or when you have a
female customer that's coming of age that wears a low cut blouse and
no bra... That's also not really done... It may be comfortable for her
boobs but I don't need to see THAT much... And when someone has a neat
figure, you know, like many of us dream to have (including me) and
he/she wears so baggy clothes that makes him/her look like the
Michellin Blimp... I'd almost feel like that's a waste of that lovely
figure! You can wear comfortable clothing and look good as well! But
when you wear like blue jeans, green sneakers and an orange
shirt...you can also combine some colors to make it look like it
belongs together. When you take an effort to chose some clothing that
suits together and is comfortable, that is kinda important to me. That
you took 5 minutes in the morning to make sure you present yourself in
the best possible (and comfortable) way.

The same with how someone wears their hair. My hair is very curly and
not easy to do anything with. Still I do spend some time each morning
to get it as good as it gets. And I think all of us could spare that
minute or two to look our best. But I know some people (and hair gel
companies) think it's cool to look like they just came out of bed. And
maybe they spend many minutes messing up their hair but I am not
really attracted to that sort of things... Most people find themselves
not looking their best when they come out of bed and then there are
people that want to look like that during the whole day. It just
doesn't cope with me. I wish I could do more with my hair than just
that ponytail. And maybe I am jealous at times of people that can do
so many things with their hair and then decide to make it messy for
fun. Some young people it can look good on, if they did it with care.
But when you grow older I do think you should set an example and make
something more of yourself. You are going to work somewhere and I
believe one should present him or herself in the best possible way at
work. To give a good impression, to show co-workers and customers that
you care enough to make yourself utmost presentable to them. It may
still be comfortable, of course... No problems with that.

I do hope that I have made myself a bit more understandable. So again,
I am not here to judge people and everyone is free to make their own
choices. This is only and merely a blog that contains my view and my
thoughts on stuff. You may agree or disagree, you may comment if you
like, it's all up to you! Don't worry, be happy! Or as said in Kenya &
The Lion King: Hakuna Matata.

I'll leave this at where it is now. I might continue this later
on...or not... Just keep checking, stay tuned and have a good day!

Much love & hugs,
TTFN Cynni xxx

1 comment:

Steph said...

Hiya sweets!

I totally understand your post :)

And yes as you mentioned I didn't commented at your blog before this one as in that I think you judge people or that I would judge you.
I know you don't judge people people on their looks and all but I can understand you wanted to post about that now in case people might think like that.

I just had to start telling about how I experienced things as that way it was easier to say what I wanted to say. But I guess most people do that to be able to share thoughts about a certain subject. I hope you understand what I am saying as now I am almost confusing myself trying to put that into words *lol*.

I also think the same about the way how people can present themselves. Yes I (almost) never wear make-up, because mainly I don't want to make time for that in the early morning and because when I use it I almost always have itchy eyes and then rub everything around my eyes which doesn't look so pretty hihi. Occasionally I wear some mascara and eyeliner..but not the whole bunch of make-up. And make-up can make a person pretty just as you said..but if it is put on in a nice way. Sometimes you see people with so much make-up on that I think it isn't so nice..but well who am I to judge right? And if they like it..oh well that is their decision. Same with clothes..you can make a bit of efford in matching nice things together and that can make a whole lot of difference.
With my work I also see a lot of people every day and then you surely see differences between them.

Anyways to make a long story short..I totally understand what you are saying :)

Steph xxx