Thursday, August 13, 2009

A new "toy" for Joyce

Hello everyone!

Today I had the day off. My parents came home from their vacation. I had already planned to go "shopping" with mum this afternoon. So when they were home, we emptied their car. And then mum and I were off to Arnhem, Media Markt. Joyce had absolutely NO idea what we were doing and what was going on.
So we arrived at the store, found what we (well I, mum did not really know) were looking for. After some irritated minutes (staff wasn't too helpfull at first) we finally got the papers we needed to head to check out.
We got Joyce a nice Acer Aspire 7735 series laptop (check the image or acer.com website), a laptop big back-pack and an USB mouse. So that she's got all she needs, laptop wise, for her new start at school. She still doesn't know too much about it but well, the laptop is good to go and ready for all the hard work she'll be doing on it.
I must admit I am kinda jealous... The laptop is bigger, better and of course newer than mine. But my laptop isn't bad at all (also an Acer Aspire, dunno the number though). Still, 17" screen is lovely to look at *winks*.
Joyce was quite surprised, tears in her eyes and all, when she got the prezzies. So hopefully she'll be able to use it a whole lot making loads and lots of good school stuff on it. And of course she may install a game or so on it. But only if she remembers to finish her homework first, hihi!

Will watch some more NCIS DVD with Joyce.
TTFN, Cynni xx

4 comments:

Muts said...

I am really, really, REALLY happy with the laptop and the other stuff sweety. I really did not have any idea what you were doing. Thank you so very much!!!! I really don't know what to say but thank you. I told you that alot yesterday afternoon and also to you're mum but I cannot thank you two enough for it. I just hope they will let me in on school so I can make you proud

xxx

Joyce

Steph said...

That laptop looks great! Awww and how sweet to hear that Joyce was so happy to get it..what a sweet surprise from you and your mum :)

A good start for her to go back to school :) so hopefully she will know soon if she is able to start in September I think it was?

xxx Steph

Steve said...

Wow!! Exciting!! I'm glad that Joyce enjoyed her surprise. It sure looks like a nice one! :) I didn't know about the school - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Joyce!

Ginnean said...

wow lucky Muts!!!