Sunday, August 23, 2009

Fun filled weekend

Hello everyone!

While we're still at Yvonne's place and watching a BluRay Harry Potter movie, I am writing this small update.

Friday, after 8,5 hours of hard work I quickly went home to take a shower and change clothes. Then we had to go to Nijmegen. There we picked up my parents for a surprise dinner for mum. Since she's getting a new knee next Monday and will have to stay in hospital for several days... We'd thought it be nice to take her out for dinner. She didn't have to pay. We split the bill with my dad in the end. Dinner was lovely and we had a lot of fun.

Yesterday Joyce and I slept a bit longer yesterday, since we went grocery shopping in Cuijk that day. Then we had to get George ready to go to Nijmegen. We would drop off Chance and then head on to Yvonne. Steph and Kim would arrive around the same time as we planned to arrive. So we could all have lunch together. George was not in time today. He was in time on Friday and that was really surreal but so nice! Unfortunately it was on Friday evening alone...
Steph and Kim arrived a short half hour before we did (seeing George was half an hour late...). We had lunch, played a Buzz! Game on the PS3, George and Yvonne battled on Guitar Hero on their Nintendo DS lite systems and then we all watched the very first Harry Potter movie on BluRay. We sooooo need a HD tv at home! We have the BluRay player (since we also have a PS3 system)... So we're thinking about getting us a lovely big HD tv to hang it on the wall in our livingroom. Or maybe just put it on the cabinet our widescreen tv is on now. So instead of Christmas prezies we're hopefully getting a lovely HD tv instead. The PS3 games would be so much better on it compared with our tv now...

After the movie, well we put it on hold, we blew up the airbed and got ready for dinner. We first went to the ATM and then picked up our movie tickets. Then we went for dinner. The food tasted good but the service was f*cking lousy! Really slow and I mean too slow to even call it service... So after dinner and paying the check (with as little of a tip as possible!) we went to a cafe for a drink. The cafe was very nice and with fun and good service. After we finished our drinks we went to the theater for the movie. Seeing we brought drinks for everyone, we only bought some popcorn. We had a special ticket to buy one big box and get a second one for free. So we grabbed a salted and a sweet one and went to the register to pay. Then we went on to our seats. During the movie wen had a popcorn and m&m "fight" which ended outside on our way back to Yvonne's place. It ended with Kim's box on my head and wel, after that also the other way round.
When we were back we changed clothed and watched the resg of the movie. We also watched Buffy's "Hush" episode. But I did miss the end, because I fell asleep. It was so hot!

I did sleep a few hours but not quite enough to feel rested. We're not still watching the movie and I will publish this blog.

TTFN Cyn xxx

1 comment:

Kim said...

Before I write anything: I want to apologize for my writing (very bad english). I'm sorry, hopefully you'll understand what I'm saying...

Indeed a funfilled weekend! And don't forget the salt n pepper battles. Fortunate the m&m-chocolate stain is out of my pants. Maybe we should think up other alternatives for our foodfights (instead of meatballs, popcorn and so on). I'm open for suggestions ;)

Greetz