Tuesday, October 06, 2009

First two days done

Hello everyone,

It's me again. I'm home alone since Joyce is working and George is still busy at his Energy 2009 thingie. So it's only me and Chance now. And I'm watching DVD while typing this blog post on my phone.

The first two days at my new job are behind me now. It's so different from what I was used to do. But it's very interesting and I'm hoping that I will know all the names of the different sorts of bread soon. I did remember a few this morning so maybe some more again tomorrow morning. On Thursday I'l have to work the afternoon-evening shift so I can experience the closing and cleaning up of the departement. Tomorrow I'll have to get up at 6 again for another early start. But I know what I'll have to do. That is, if it's the same as it was this morning.

*Chance interruption: she puts one of her tow toys in front of me on the couch so I may throw it ahgain... So I threw it and now she almost knocks my cell phone out of my hands while returning her toy... OK back to writing again*

This morning I had to slice all the bread (with a machine) and bag and label them. I had to put bread in the big oven and also in the smaller one. And of course, I had to get the bread out and put new unbaked bread back in. I had never worked with such a big oven before so it was a bit awkward for me at first. But I got better at it after a few times. I had to put all the unbaked brwad out of the freezer and prep the carts for tomorrow. That way, everything is standing ready when we need to start tomorrow. I cleaned up after all the slicing was done, breadcrumbs everywhere. But not after I got finished. I cleaned some breadboxes which are used in the store so the customers can get their own bread as they please. Connie had already started cleaning before she went home so I finished it up. Then I had to go on reading in the information folders about the bread/cheese/meat for bread departements. When I was finished it was a quarter to three. Nathalie asked if I could help and do the 15 o'clock check for her. It was a bit difficult since I did not know where everything was but when she was finished we finished the checking together which put me a bit more at ease. Then it was time to go home again. My log card still isn't working. Hopefully it will work tomorrow.

Driving the scooter is, since I slay under it a few years ago, still a bit scary for me. When I rode this morning, there was a light rainfall and it was frakking dark. I could not use my wide beam since there were cars every now and then and I did not want to blind them. But I drove easy and it did go OK. The way back I almost had to kick a frakking stupid boy (around 14 years old I guess) of his bike. I honked that I wanted to pass him and his little buddy. And instead of giving me the space he just went on pretending it was too hard to just let me pass. Frakking schoolkids...

Ah well, since I drank about 2 liters of nice warm tea since I came bak home, I wil send of this blog post and head tor the toilet.

Sorry if some things weren't in correct English, I dunno all the correct names for the stuff I am working with. Hope I did discribe them well...

I'll keep you posted!

Ow and I am looking forward to this weekend: dining and bowling with some dear friends and family members. Wednesday the 14th I'll finally receive my new splint at the dentist. Hope this one'll work better than the NTI one... Just another week and then I'll know...

Really gotta run now so TTFN everyone!
Cynni xxx

4 comments:

Ginnean said...

glad the new job is going well :)

see you in a couple of weeks :D

Anonymous said...

Hello!

It sounds like it's going well for you and that you are getting stuck in to learning your new job roles very well! It must be challenging but fun to have something new to do and learn but of course this is what you wanted from a new job and soon you'll be an expert!

Good luck keep going!

Steph said...

good to hear you are liking the job so far :) and I am sure you will get the hang of it all very soon :)

Looking forward to this weekend...yay!

Muts said...

Hihi... The tea is my fault ;)