Thursday, September 03, 2009

The hardest thing...

Hello everyone,

tomorrow will be the day when I have to go and talk to my boss. I have to tell him that I will be leaving his company after working there for 8 years ans 2 months. I've been offered a new job at another supermarket chain and I have accepted. I have talked a lot about it with friends and family and I do like the place I am working now. But it will get me no where. I am doing the same things I have been doing for over 6 years now and I think I can accomplish just a bit more than that.
On several occasions I have informed my boss about it. But nothing has been done with it.

I love to work with my co-workers. We have fun and we know we can count on each other. I have many good contacts with several customers and I will really, really miss that all. I will miss catching up with everyone, watching kids grow up and doing what I know I can. But I would like to see myself doing just a wee bit more than that when I look at myself in something like 10 years or so. That is why I took the offer. With this supermarket chain I can get more opportunities to grow and develop myself, sort to speak.

But it still freaks me out knowing I have to deliver my boss this news tomorrow. I feel like I am going to do something really, really bad. But all I am doing is choosing for myself and to start a new career. I know I am an @$$ complaining that I got offered a more advanced job... But I just wish I had gotten this chance at my present company. So I would not have to say goodbye to all of my co-workers and friends. It truly makes me sad to think about having to miss them all... And it freaks me out knowing I will be the newby at my new job. Doing something I have never done before and really hoping I will be able to do it all. Though it really feels good knowing that people think me capable of stuff that I have never been allowed to do before at my present job...

So all in all, it is hard in many ways. I hope my boss will understand and be nice/reasonable/good about it. I have not been able to sleep OK in the last week, laying awake thinking about all the scenarios and everything that can go wrong. I even picture me crying...

Ah well... Please everyone, keep your fingers crossed for me tomorrow... I will be back about this topic for sure...

Nervous huggies,
Cynni xx

1 comment:

Steph said...

Hey sweetie!

First of all let me give you a big huug!

As you know I have been supporting you from the start and I wanted to let you know that taking this step with finding a new job is something you can really be proud at :)

I know it must be hard to leave because of all the good memories you have and because you have good contact with your colleagues and customers...but with this new job you have more possibilities to grow and be able to do more things than you do now.

I hope tomorrow will go okay. I know it must be hard to tell your boss you are leaving..but he should understand you are doing it for some very good reasons. And even if you would cry..that isn't something bad..I had a hard time aswell when I had to leave my work after being there for 10,5 years. I guess that is only normal if you are working somewhere with nice colleagues and customers who you bond with after such a long time.
And I think it will go all okay at your new job..and you shouldn't worry about being a newby..I think everyone feels the same when you start a new job...I sure felt the same way..but as I know you as a sweet, funny and caring person..I don't think your new colleagues would not like you and treat you as a newby.

I will cross my fingers for you tomorrow and hope your talk with your boss will go fine.

huuugs and love
Steph xxx