Monday, September 07, 2009

4 more weeks

Hello everyone!

As you all know, I gave my boss my 4 weeks notice last Friday. And today we had a short but definitive talk about it. All is getting settled and I will have my last working day at the Super on October 2nd. On October 5th I will start my internship at the Jan Linders in Boxmeer. I am very excited about it all, though I have to admit it’s a bit scary as well. Seeing they put so much confidence in me and I never ever did something like I will be doing now before. Though I only know the job from what I read about it, it seems like a big responsibility. Which is good seeing I love to do the things I do with great accuracy and pride. So being responsible for stuff is something which gives me some extra will power to do what I know I can. Maybe it sounds silly or strange, but that is who I am.

The job I am doing now, I know that I can do it and very well indeed, if I might add that. But knowing I can do it doesn’t provide me with any “pride” anymore. There is no challenge in succeeding because I can do it with my eyes closed and also when my hands are tied. It was all very exciting when I started but after a while I need something new to set my teeth in. I don’t want a job in which I can predict now what I will be doing in 5 weeks time. I know there are certain things that always need to be done. But some things are fun when they are not so predictable. And the stuff I was doing once gave me a good feeling over myself. But I got only compliments of my customers, not that much from my boss. And that made me wonder… Should I stay because of them of because I want to? And when this new job offer came by (thanks to Joyce for finding it), I just went out and gave it a try. I did not even have to try hard, but just be who I am and that was more than enough for them to hire me…

I do have many mixed feelings still. Happy for my new job, sad for losing some dear colleagues and close customers, a bit scared for the new job as well. I know I am a fast learner, but still it’s a bit scary to know that I will be getting such a big responsibility! It’s like I am going from 10% to 250% within one breath of air. Hope that makes any sense…

Well, I am now waiting for my contract to be send out so I can sign it. And hopefully the last 4 weeks on the job at the Super will go OK. I want to leave my “old” work in a decent and good feeling way.

To all my friend colleagues and close customers: I WILL MISS YOU!!! Please check my blog and leave me a message… I would love to keep in touch with many of you :)

That’s all for tonight. Much love and hugs,
Cynni xxx

3 comments:

Muts said...

Hey sweety,

I am very very happy for you that you have a new job and I hope you will enjoy it.

only 4 more weeks and you are "free". No more Hans haha. But sad you will miss all the good and nice people.

xxx

Joyce

Anonymous said...

I am certain you made the right choice and you sound like you are really looking to taking on more responsibility in your new job, you’ll soon get the hang of it and probably by Christmas you’ll be an expert in your new role and have made many new friends and colleagues! Well done to Joyce for finding you the new job! I wish you lots of luck and I am sure the next four weeks will fly by! x

Sjak said...

OMG, I totally missed the big news (sorry, have been sooooooo busy lately). But better late then never, right? So a huge congrats to you on your new job. I hope it will be everything you hoped for and more. I can understand it is a difficult thing to do, to leave a job you have been at for so long and where you know and like so many people. But from recent experience I can tell you that sometimes such a big step can be absolutely worth it.
Anyway, yay for you for going for it and I'm sure you're going to be totally fantastic at your new job!
xx
Sjak