Sunday, January 03, 2010

TV series I love…

…and I wish to come out on DVD (in the Netherlands)

There are many shows that I loved to watch on TV while growing up. There are many shows that I love to watch now. 
Some have come out on DVD, which I was and am very grateful for. But unfortunately, most of them have not been released on DVD nor can I find any plans on the net to have them released at any time. There are two shows that I have only the first season of. After that, they decided to not put out the other seasons. I’ve been waiting several years now, seeing it’s been a few since the release of season 1 of Cagney & Lacey and Strong Medicine.

Other series that I’m still waiting for include Hunter (I know it’s been released in the USA), Cold Case (still airing here in the Netherlands), Sisters and of course the rest of the seasons of Cagney & Lacey and Strong Medicine.

I am wondering why they air these shows for so many years, they get such a good response from the audience (they even cancelled Cagney & Lacy until the viewers all wrote to CBS and they got the show back for another 5 seasons!), get awarded and then they let them die. People who always tuned in at time, not to miss an episode, eager to see the next one after the one on the telly just ended… What would happen if we all would write to who knows who to get these seasons released! But to get something like that done, I guess it’s almost impossible to achieve.

Soooooo I’ve come up with an idea. It’s just a long shot, but who knows… I’ve created an account at proboard.com and made a forum :-) Hopefully, people will become members and maybe together we can get something accomplished. The forum can be accessed through this link. Registration is free and discussing on the topics is welcome :-)

Maybe together we can make a difference. And of course it’s always fun to discuss the TV shows that we loved and still love.

Thanks for your interest! Have a great year! Please join the board!

TTFN Cynni

No comments: