Thursday, April 06, 2006

Learning

When I was just a little girl,
I started to crawl before I walked,
when I was walking I would fall,
scrape my knee,
get up,
cry,
get a bandaid,
and happily walk on.

When I was 16 years young,
I started to have trouble,
could not walk without pain,
leg moving,
tears dwelling,
cry,
go to the hospital,
end up with surgery.

When I was almost 18 years,
I could walk and run again,
no more pain while doing so,
running,
laughing,
smiling,
everywhere I wanted,
I went.

Now I am 25 years old,
learning to walk again,
again surgery on my hip,
crawling,
crying,
trying,
learning to do the simple things,
so many take for granted...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your story is certainly unique, Cynni, but's what makes you the person you are: patient and strong. You appreciate some of the simple things in life and that's a good thing. *hugs*